Updated: July 26, 2021
The goal of this guide is to show you how to control your Sony Bravia or Android TV with Alexa voice commands.
The layout is simple. We’ll cover both:
- Compatibility: Which Sony TVs work with Alexa?
- Voice Commands: The Alexa commands to use to control your TV by voice
Let’s dive in.
Does My Sony TV Work With Alexa?
Unlike other major brands (such as Samsung, LG, and Vizio), Alexa is NOT built into current or prior Sony TVs.
However, certain 2016-2020 Sony TV models are Alexa-compatible. This simply means that you have to link an Amazon Echo speaker to your TV before you can use voice commands.
To find if your TV is compatible and to view set-up instructions for linking your Echo device to your TV, see here.
Alexa Commands For Sony TVs
Without further ado, here is the full list of Alexa voice commands for your Sony TV, categorized into seven sections:
- Alexa, switch to Blu-ray on [TV]
- Alexa, switch to DVD on [TV]
- Alexa, switch to HDMI 1 on [TV]
- Alexa, change channel to CBS on [TV]
- Alexa, tune to channel 5 on [TV]
- Alexa, next channel on [TV]
- Alexa, previous channel on [TV]
- Alexa, set volume to 15 on [TV]
- Alexa, volume down on [TV]
- Alexa, volume up on [TV]
- Alexa, mute [TV]
- Alexa, unmute [TV]
- Alexa, launch Prime Video on [TV]
- Alexa, go home on [TV]
- Alexa, go to guide on [TV]
- Alexa, go right
- Alexa, move down
- Alexa, select this
- Alexa, play on [TV]
- Alexa, pause on [TV]
- Alexa, fast-forward on [TV]
- Alexa, fast-forward 15 minutes on [TV]
- Alexa, rewind on [TV]
- Alexa, stop on [TV]
- Alexa, set Sleep Timer on [TV] to 60 mins
- Alexa, set Picture Mode on [TV] to Vivid
- Alexa, set Brightness on [TV] to 50
- Alexa, set speakers on [TV] to External Speaker
- Alexa set Auto Picture Mode on [TV] to On
And that should do it for this guide to Sony TV Alexa commands.
Finally, if you have any questions, don’t hesitate to leave a comment here or send us an email.
Otherwise, rest those fingers, relish your new voice powers, and we hope to see you back here soon!
The Commands Guru