Updated: August 19, 2021
Screw long, fluffy introductions.
Get to know Alexa’s light-hearted side with this list of 104 funny Alexa commands.
(…Or risk missing out on Game of Thrones Easter eggs and brilliant dad jokes like the one below!)
(NEW!) Lists Of Best-Selling
Alexa-Compatible Smart Home Devices
Funny Alexa Commands: AI Entertainment
Alexa may come across as all business from time to time, but there are actually many light-hearted and entertaining uses for Amazon’s voice AI.
For example, the 11 categories below, which in total, contain the 104 voice commands in this list.
- Video Game Easter Eggs
- Movie Easter Eggs
- Music Easter Eggs
- TV Show Easter Eggs
- Alexa Tells A Joke
- Alexa Sings A Song
- Alexa Answers Random Questions
- Alexa Can Do Random Things
- Alexa Makes Funny Sounds
- Alexa on Tech & AI
- Alexa Gets Clever With Wordplay
Two Quick Tips On Reading The Below List
First, for the Easter eggs (the voice commands in the first four sections), the related pop culture reference is shown in parentheses directly after the command.
Second, the commands in the remaining seven sections are more general in nature, and often, Alexa has more than one response to offer.
For example, if you say “Alexa, tell me a joke” several times, Alexa will give you a different joke each time.
104 Ways To Use Alexa For Fun
Alexa Easter Eggs: Video Games
- Alexa, Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start.
- Alexa, does this unit have a soul?
- Alexa, is the cake a lie?
- Alexa, do a barrel roll!
- Alexa, what’s your favourite video game?
- Alexa, roll for initiative.
- Alexa, all your base are belong to us.
- Alexa, do you know GLaDOS?
Alexa Easter Eggs: Movies
- Alexa, open the pod bay doors.
(2001: A Space Odyssey)
- Alexa, who’s on first?
(Abbot and Costello)
- Alexa, release the Kraken!
(Clash of the Titans)
- Alexa, klattu barada nikto.
(The Day the Earth Stood Still)
- Alexa, E.T. phone home.
- Alexa, define supercalifragilisticexpialidocious
- Alexa, are we in the Matrix?
- Alexa, what is my mission?
- Alexa, what is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?
(Monty Python and the Holy Grail)
- Alexa, what is the Jedi code?
Alexa Easter Eggs: Music
- Alexa, badger badger badger badger badger.
(“The Badger Song”)
- “Alexa, how many roads must a man walk down?
(“Blowin’ in the Wind” by Bob Dylan)
- Alexa, do you know the way to San Jose?
(“Do You Know the Way to San Jose?” by Dionne Warwick)
- “Alexa, I shot a man in Reno.
(“Folsom Prison Blues” by Johnny Cash)
- Alexa, what does the fox say?
(“The Fox” by Ylvis)
- Alexa, hello it’s me.
(“Hello” by Adele)
- Alexa, how much is that doggie in the window?
(“How Much Is That Doggie in the Window?” by Patti Page)
- Alexa, have you heard that the bird is the word?
(“Surfin’ Bird” by The Trashmen)
- Alexa, who is the Walrus?
(“The Walrus” by The Beatles)
- Alexa, who let the dogs out?
(“Who Let The Dogs Out” by Baha Men)
Alexa Easter Eggs: TV Shows
- Alexa, what is your cunning plan? (Blackadder)
- Alexa, who shot JR? (Dallas)
- Alexa, don’t mention the war. (Fawlty Towers)
- Alexa, Winter is coming. (Game of Thrones)
- Alexa, who loves orange soda? (Kenan & Kel)
- Alexa, who loves ya baby? (Kojak)
- Alexa, this is a dead parrot. (Monty Python)
- Alexa, more cowbell. (Saturday Night Live)
- Alexa, what is the Prime Directive? (Star Trek)
- Alexa, where’s the beef? (Wendy’s)
Alexa Tells A Joke
- Alexa, make me laugh.
- Alexa, say something funny.
- Alexa, tell me a blooper.
- Alexa, tell me a joke.
- Alexa, tell me a prank.
- Alexa, tell me a dad joke.
- Alexa, tell me a dirty joke.
- Alexa, tell me a knock-knock joke.
- Alexa, tell me a ‘yo mama’ joke.
- Alexa, tell me a [topic] joke.
Alexa Sings A Song
- Alexa, sing me a song.
- Alexa, sing the ABCs.
- Alexa, sing ‘Auld Lang Syne.’
- Alexa, sing in Auto-Tune.
- Alexa, sing a Christmas carol.
- Alexa, sing ‘Happy Birthday.’
- Alexa, sing a love song.
- Alexa, sing the national anthem.
- Alexa, beatbox for me.
- Alexa, rap for me
- Alexa, yodel for me.
Alexa Answers Random Questions
- Alexa, are you a robot?
- Alexa, how many angels can dance on the head of a pin?
- Alexa, how many pickled peppers did Peter Piper pick?
- Alexa, romeo wherefore art thou romeo?
- Alexa, which came first – the chicken or the egg?
- Alexa, do you know the muffin man?
- Alexa, what is the loneliest number?
- Alexa, how many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop?
- Alexa, how much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
Alexa Does Random Things
- Alexa, your mother was a hamster.
- Alexa, drumroll.
- Alexa, high five.
- Alexa, make me a sandwich.
- Alexa, pretend to be a supervillain.
- Alexa, pretend to be a superhero.
- Alexa, rock paper scissors.
- Alexa, rock paper scissors lizard Spock.
- Alexa, tell me something weird.
- Alexa, tell me a life hack.
- Alexa, tell me a fun fact
- Alexa, tell me a fun fact about [topic].
- Alexa, tell me a thought from the cloud.
- Alexa, self-destruct.
Alexa Does Impressions
- Alexa, talk like Yoda.
- Alexa, talk like a pirate.
- Alexa, speak Klingon.
- Alexa, make animal noises.
- Alexa, bark like a dog.
- Alexa, moo like a cow.
Alexa On Tech & AI
- Alexa, do you know Siri?
- Alexa, who is better, you or Siri?
- Alexa, Simon says, I love Google.
- Alexa, can you pass the Turing test?
- Alexa, what do you think of the iPhone?
- Alexa, Mac or PC?
- Alexa, what do you think about Google Now?
Alexa Is A Poet
- Alexa, tell me a haiku.
- Alexa, tell me a limerick.
- Alexa, tell me an oxymoron.
- Alexa, tell me a palindrome.
- Alexa, tell me some Pig Latin.
- Alexa, tell me a puzzle.
- Alexa, tell me a pun.
- Alexa, tell me a rhyme.
- Alexa, speak in iambic pentameter.
- Alexa, tell me a riddle.
- Alexa, tell me a tongue-twister.
Funny Alexa Memes [Bonus]
The party doesn’t stop at Easter eggs.
In this section, you’ll find some of my favorite funny Alexa memes.
(The recovering investment banker in me cracked up at the Jeff Bezos meme, but for less boring individuals, the 3 A.M. meme may draw out an (evil) smile…
But Wait! There's More...
Since we love our readers too much to risk them getting caught mid-prank, one final Alexa nugget for the pranksters (or night owls) among us.
Namely, a feature built into all Amazon Echo speakers, called “Whisper Mode”.
To see Whisper Mode in action, simply whisper a command to your Echo speaker.
And that should do it for this guide! We hope you enjoyed this tour de force of Alexa’s more light-hearted side.
And if you’re craving even more Alexa entertainment, the Samuel L. Jackson celebrity voice skill may satisfy your appetite. (Our linked guide includes 36 “Hey Samuel” commands to get the laughs going.
(Be warned that this skill is not kid-friendly, though, as Sam Jackson doesn’t hesitate to respond with sarcasm or multiple, emphatic F-bombs…)
Enjoy and keep checking this page for updates and additions to this “living” list!
The Commands Guru